Monday, June 2, 2008

If I am a philosopher...



“Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.”






Cliché as it may sound but if I were a philosopher, I am interested to look into destiny as my subject study. Some people believed that destiny is solely dependent on intangible factors such as individual’s luck and God’s plan; they can neither change it nor control it, so they end up sitting and relaxing in a couch as they wait for their fate to befall. In contrast, some people perceived destiny as self made—a thing to be aspired and strived for. Little by little, they strive to shape their destiny with the efforts and decisions they undertake in life.


Different perceptions are already attached to it but neither of it has captured the entirety of what destiny is. Given the chance to be a philosopher, I want to gain a deeper understanding of destiny. With the aid of painstaking research, I want to expound my knowledge and be learned on the fundamentals of destiny. Being pushed by my curiosity, I want to unfold the mysteries and comprehend its underlying principles and rationale.


Picturing myself as a philosopher, I have several reasons on speculating destiny in a philosophical manner. First, it is innate in my personality to be curious on the things that interests me particularly those that seem to be as vague and mysterious as destiny. Second, I want to reassess my initial views on destiny. In the process of understanding destiny in a philosophical manner, I am open to the chances that my perceptions on it will either be reaffirmed or debunked. Lastly, I am personally challenged to explain philosophically the why’s and how’s of destiny.


Being purpose-driven, I’ll be a philosopher who is competent, if a connoisseur, in understanding the realities of destiny.











No comments: